Saturday, January 16, 2010

Introduction

My wife and I never imagined how much work and fun owning a Husky would be. We have always been "dog people" and had to face the inevitable with both of our previous dogs in the past year. Our 14 year old Shar-pei mix, Pokey succumbed to cancer in may of 2009 and was followed to the Rainbow Bridge by our 12 year old Shepherd mix, Lacey in July 2009. Both were rescues.

I may tell their stories at some point but this will cronicle the experiences of how Cane takes up pretty much every waking minute we have. There will be both good and bad, and hopefully some of humor will come across thru text.

If you are thinking of adopting a Husky, PLEASE DO YOU RESEARCH FIRST! These are not the dogs for first time owners and until recently I only thought they were suited for the certifiably insane. I'm still not sure if this is going to be a great dog or I fall more farther into the latter category then I previously thought.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your link on boortz. My family has always been dog lovers, too. I look forward to seeing your family life evolve with Cane.

    P.S. - are you sure he is part huskey? He looks alot like a Shepherd mix, but pics can be deceiving.

    ReplyDelete